Hi there! I'm Maria Ahrens, and I am a watercolor artist and fashion illustrator in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I have always loved being creative. My love of drawing emerged as soon as I was old enough to hold a crayon, and I grew up taking as many art classes as I could cram into my schedule. As a teenager I developed an interest in fashion design, which heavily influenced my career path as I entered adulthood.
In addition to selling my own paintings and prints, I take on a variety of commissions and collaborations - family and pet portraits, real estate illustration, fashion sketches, brand images, etc. I am also a wedding painter and live illustrator.
Thank you for your interest in my work!
Get to Know Me - Random Facts
- I have lived in the Twin Cities my entire life. I grew up in Saint Paul, and I currently reside in Minneapolis with my husband, Russ, and our sweet rescue dog, Penny.
- The only professional sport I follow with any dedication is women's gymnastics. Don't ask me about football or baseball - I don't have a clue.
- I'm not a picky eater, but I hate asparagus. Blech.
- I cannot and have not ever been able to whistle.
- When it comes to exercise I hate running, but I love doing vinyasa yoga and rock climbing. I also know how to swing dance.
- When I'm not working, I like reading, grabbing coffee with friends, thrift shopping, eating good food, and exploring the city.
Photos by Kate Morris