Hi there! I'm Maria Ahrens, and I am a watercolor artist and fashion illustrator in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I find inspiration in many different things, but I especially love to draw people. My love of drawing emerged as soon as I was old enough to hold a crayon, and I grew up taking as many art classes as I could cram into my schedule. As a teenager, I developed an interest in fashion design and planned on pursuing a career in that.
Life happened. Plans changed. I earned a degree in Retail Merchandising from the College of Design at the University of Minnesota, and after a few years in the professional world, I launched my art business in November of 2016.
I love using my talents to create beautiful things for others to enjoy. I'm very grateful for the opportunities that I've had to share my work, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds. Thank you for supporting my art and visiting my shop!
- I have lived in the Twin Cities my entire life. I currently reside in Minneapolis with my husband, Russ, and our Pomeranian rescue, Penny :)
- The only professional sport I follow with any dedication is women's gymnastics.
- I cannot and have not ever been able to whistle. Believe me, I've tried!
- When it comes to exercise, I hate running, but I love doing yoga and rock climbing.
- When I'm not working, I like grabbing coffee with friends, doing yoga, and exploring the city.
Photos by Kate Morris